Wednesday, April 27, 2011

C4T #4 Summary

cartoon laptop




For C4T #4 I was assigned to Jeff Utecht blog. As a international educator he has had quite an array of experiences. Also Mr. Utecht is the author of Reach. The first post I commented on he was discussing the Laptop Institute and the fact that he was going to be the Keynote speaker. In my comment I simply stated that I have never heard of the Laptop Institute but he made it sound interesting so I thought I would look into it. So, I did look it up and according to their official website first off I found out that it is a conference and this year it is being hosted by Lausanne Collegiate School in Memphis, Tennessee. In addition, I found out that it is basically a conference for schools using or considering laptops or tablets as tools for learning. Mr. Utecht might not have meet his goal to be a principal by 30 but he is quite an inspirational person and I will definetly be adding to my PLN. The second post I commented on was his first blog post from his brand new iPad 2. Needless to say I am a little jealous that he got an iPad 2, and I did tell him that. But, besides telling us about his new iPad 2 he was discussing how he does not have enough down time. I can absolutely relate to this. With end of the semester drawing nearer and final projects being due and three final exams to worry about I have not had any down time lately. However, there is a little light at the end of my tunnel because like I said before the end of the semester is almost here and that means a nice long summer break for me. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment